Feb 23, 2024
In the Fall of 2019, the Healthcare, BS was renamed to Healthcare Management and Supervision. Students who were enrolled prior to the Fall 2019 term have the option to complete the program under the current name and requirements, or have the option to move to the Healthcare Management and Supervision, BS. Students who choose to complete the program under the Healthcare name must do so by the end of Spring 2022.
This program allows graduates from associate degree (or equivalent) health care programs or accredited hospital-based programs for health professionals with acceptable academic credits to prepare for positions as educators or supervisors/administrators within the health care field. Candidates for this program must have graduated with a minimum QPA of 2.25 (based on a 4.00 scale) from their professional program. In order to complete the requirements for the degree, the following criteria must be met:
- All general education requirements as described in this catalog must be completed.
- The student’s previous health care professional curriculum must be evaluated, and as many as 48 technical credits can be awarded. If fewer than 48 credits are awarded, the students must make up the additional credits in consultation with their advisor.
General Education Requirements
Basic Algebra or Placement Test
Quantitative Reasoning (QR) - 1 Course
Note - a student cannot test out of their QR requirement.
Worlds of Knowledge
Each student must take 2 courses in each World of Knowledge. The two courses taken within each World must be from different subjects. A student must take two additional “Follow-Up” courses from any World.
- The minimum number of courses taken in the Worlds must be 10.
- The Follow-Up courses may repeat a subject previously taken in a World.
- A student cannot use a major required Subject course in one of the Worlds.
- For example: A Biology student cannot use BIOL 0110 to fulfill a requirement in the Science and Nature World.
- Students cannot use a course to count both in their QR requirement and one of the Worlds.
- Students can choose QR and Worlds of Knowledge courses from published course lists.
Aesthetic and Creative Expression
Free electives are the balance of credits required for graduation (120) that are not used to satisfy competencies, knowledge areas, major requirements, electives, or any related area required by the department.
Requirement Satisfied: 23
Maximum of 48 credits allowed
Requirement Satisfied: 48